document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge #12 and January Release Preview

Hello to all you crafty ladies out there. I hope you're all staying home where it's warm and toasty and safe and you can play with all your stamping stuff. Sounds like a plan to me anyway, I don't know that there's anywhere in this country where it isn't snowy and/or very cold. Come to that, I know that Britain is in bad shape, I have been talking to friends and family in the last couple of days and they are basically shut down everywhere. So I hope all my crafty buddies over there are hunkered down and stamping their little hearts out. Hi Mary, Shelley, Pinky and the rest of you!!

Anyway, I digress, but then I'm good at it! Today is the second day of previews for Kimmie's January Release, which goes live tomorrow morning!! Woo Hoo!! It's also the day for a new challenge on Kimmie's Challenge Blog and this week it's Heavy Metal. Tara is our hostess for this week, so she wants us to use any metal on our cards. You can use anything metal to dress up your card. Anyone can join in Kimmie's Challenge, but to be eligible to win, you need to use your Kraftin' Kimmie stamps.

For my card I used Chester from the new release, I just love him! He is so dapper and fancy! I used my Basic Grey Mellow pack for the background (which I matted on Chocolate Chip), including the strip across the middle with the border. I coloured Chester with my S.U. Markers, sponged around him with Chocolate Chip ink, then matted him on Old Olive, which I also used as the card base. I put a metal brad on either side of the strip, added some yummy chocolate chip satin ribbon (I don't know what I'll do when I run out of it!), made a bow through a metal buckle and set it atop the ribbon and there you go.

Now it's your turn! Since I see that our very talented Tara has used Dance Recital for her Heavy Metal card, I think that is the one that the winner will receive, along with the accessory stamp 'Dance Like Nobody is Watching'.

Have a great weekend,
Blessings to you all,
Diana

3 comments:

  1. I love him Diana! Great colours and love the border punch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job with Chester today, Mom! The patterned paper is perfect and love the metal embellishments. Gorgeous border punch too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this card is fabulous! Chester looks so dapper and I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Hop Day at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!

    Woohoo!!! Today we are celebrating all the new fabulous goodies in our November Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' Ki...