document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Kraftin' Kimmie's Challenge 113. Hand made embellishments!!

Well, good Saturday morning, stampers!  Here we are with yet another Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge.  This week's hostess is our insanely talented Melanie and she would like us to use hand made embellishments.  This was a challenge indeed for me as I had trouble getting my head around the idea.  I decided to make some crocheted flowers to go on my card.  Fortunately I have quite a few colours of floss and cotton, so I was able to find some to match.  Actually it was fun as I hadn't made any for a while and I forgot how quickly they can be whipped up.  Also it's a nice change from prima or paper flowers.  I used the super cute Lulu in the Tub, using of course, my trusty Copics.  I used a little Stickles on the bubbles and I sponged around the image layer while it was still in the square Nesties die.  I then framed it using my Lacy Square Nesties.  The frame and all the matting are Kiwi Kiss.  The card base is Vanilla and so is the taffeta ribbon.  The patterned papers are Ooh La La, from My Minds Eye.

So that's your challenge for this week, use some hand made embellies.  I'm sure you will come up with much more original ideas than I have.  The stamp you will be in the running to win is the little Kitty being scratched by a hand from Kitty Kapers 1.  Just be sure to link up your creation to Kraftin' Kimmie's Challenge Blog. 

Happy Stamping,
Diana

3 comments:

  1. Love crocheted flowers!! This is so pretty Diana!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! I wissh I knew how to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Diana, she is such a sweetie! I love those colours and matching flwoers!

    ReplyDelete

Hop Day at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!

    Woohoo!!! Today we are celebrating all the new fabulous goodies in our November Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' Ki...